ENTREPRENEURSHIP, SKILLS ACQUISITION AND EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMMES
Many governments still find it difficult to provide jobs for the growing population. This is largely due to the fact that majority of them lack vital skills needed to be employed. A lot of jobs could be created if these youth are well equipped with skills. This is why it is necessary for government to organize skill acquisition programme for the masses as this will go a long way in providing jobs for others.
Our primary intention is to empower the youths and other classes of adults and those who are retiring from active service on how to acquire skills and self-employed through the entrepreneurial endeavour. O.C.I.L provides a flat form for collaborative efforts with Governments, Non- Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Development Agencies, etcin promoting skill and entrepreneurial development. In order to create opportunity for people outside Kano, O.C.I.L provides accommodation for trainees that are sponsored from other states or regions of the country. We make effort to ensure that they are comfortable, by making arrangement for feeding as well as transportation (logistics) services for all the trainees that are placed directly under our care and control by the sponsor. We also provide security arrangement in their places of residence as well as health services in cases of emergency. These however are made as a matter of special arrangement as per cost with the sponsor of the trainees.
In addition, we also organize workshops and seminars in areas such as;
Workshops and Training
- 12-Week Entrepreneurial Training Program
- Small Business Development & Access to Capital Workshop
- Credit & Money Management Workshop
- Credit Counseling
- Business Plan Development
- Business Financial Statements
- Computer & Internet Access
Small Business Funding Programs
- Loan packaging assistance
- Access to over 25 direct lenders nationwide
- SBA Loan Program commercial financing
- Lines of Credit
Under our empowerment trainings, the list of our activities is very numerous to be exhaustively discussed in the few pages of this booklet. However, the following are among the notable ones:
- Skills Acquisition Programmes: (With well over 20 skills acquisition categories on which trainees can acquire knowledge and training).
- Entrepreneurship Development Programmes: Designed to develop entrepreneurial spirits and skills in students of all schools cadre and retiring public and private officers.
- Business Incubation Programmes: Established to nurture new businesses and guide them in their formative and growth years against business failure which are prevalent among start-ups.
- Joint Venture Programmes: for Light Industries and Assembly Plants: Designed to establish collaborative links with government and other development agencies on the development of light industries that will augur for rapid industrial development of the state.
We have an installed capacity to train about Two thousand (800) trainees at a time in our facility in various skills areas numbering up to twenty (20).
- Act with honesty and integrity
- Treat people with respect
- Conduct all business lawfully
- Accept individual and corporate responsibility
- Strive for customer satisfaction
- Improve and innovate continuously
- Never be wasteful
- Always work effectively and efficiently
- Attainment of youth empowerment through practical training
Our services are broadly categorized into two types
- General Contracts and Procurement/Supply
- Entrepreneurship Skill Acquisition and Empowerment